Datafox specialise in claiming Research and Development Tax Credits for all businesses involved within the automotive industry.
- Within the Automotive sector examples of eligible activities vary from companies focused on reducing CO2 emissions to the racing sector, with automotive companies researching technological advancements to drive incremental gains.
- Generally, projects that involve a long start up period and may have unusually high costs or involve large scrap production indicate eligible R&D work.
- Design and development of new machine prototypes offering functionalities that are not easy to achieve.
- Tests to improve process efficiencies and reduce waste/costs.
- Research into new technologies to improve fuel efficiency and emission reduction.
- Resolution of integration complexities due to undesired interactions between various systems and multiple components (e.g. electronic components).
- Development of tuning techniques in order to achieve performance gains.
- Testing of scale models or prototypes due to substantial increase in size or speed, which creates new uncertainties in performance and operation (including testing software etc.)
- Development of new on-site inspection techniques or products.
What is R&D Tax Credit?
Introduced by the UK Government in 2000, the R&D tax relief scheme is designed to encourage innovation and global competitiveness by allowing companies to reclaim some of the money invested in qualifying research and development. SMEs can recover up to 26% (if in profit) and 33.35% (if loss-making) of all eligible R&D expenditure. Large companies/ organisations can benefit from an after-tax benefit of 8.8% of the qualifying R&D expenditure. 99.5% of eligible UK organisations miss the opportunity to reap the potential rewards offered by HMRC’s R&D Tax Credit scheme.
The HMRC R&D Tax Credits guidance notes are set out in a document hundreds of pages thick and updated after almost every budget. Even if you manage to weigh through this yourself, chances are you’ll miss out on maximising your claim or worse, over-claim which could result in an HMRC investigation. Why the process is best served best by experts, who submit such claims on a daily basis.
Ready to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for your R&D tax refund, please call us on the freephone number below or use this contact form and one of our helpful team will be in touch to help.
“Datafox advised us of a potential cash back payment of 33.35% from HMRC on qualifying R&D spend. They handled the claim for us from start to finish ensuring it was submitted correctly, with appropriate narrative and supporting numbers maximising its fullest potential.”Nik Hrstic COO, Brainwave Drinks
Help your clients get something back for their Intellectual Property.read more
What has your business done new lately?read more
Don’t Miss Out On Your Opportunity to Claim R&D Tax Credits for your business.read more