Design and Engineering
Datafox specialise in claiming Research and Development Tax Credits for all businesses involved within design and engineering.
- Like with the Construction industry, a large amount of Engineering work is scientific and requires extensive R&D activities – many of which companies and organisations are not aware they can claim tax relief on.
- Investigating alternate/ innovative materials with which to construct a structure or parts of a structure.
- Determining alternate/ innovative means of assembling and/or fastening component parts of a structure.
- Performing environmental impact studies.
- Incurring integration costs related to designing multiple co-dependent features, where the technical uncertainty may only be eliminated by designing the related components.
- Conducting sustainable design.
- Experimenting with new materials and technologies.
- Practicing design testing.
- Conducing special use design.
- Determining alternative structural design.
- Research into integrated waste disposal processes.
- High-tech equipment installation.
- Building information modelling (BIM).
- Performing CAD modelling.
- Drainage/storm water management/ environment design & testing.
- Structural engineering to withstand earthquakes, hurricanes, fire and other disasters.
- Improving acoustic qualities of structure.
- Developing alternative water flow / plumbing systems.
- Developing alternative electricity conduction systems.
- Developing or improving lighting within a structure.
- Improving or developing alternative ventilation for a structure.
- Improving or determining alternative heating and cooling systems.
What is R&D Tax Credit?
Introduced by the UK Government in 2000, the R&D tax relief scheme is designed to encourage innovation and global competitiveness by allowing companies to reclaim some of the money invested in qualifying research and development. SMEs can recover up to 26% (if in profit) and 33.35% (if loss-making) of all eligible R&D expenditure. Large companies/ organisations can benefit from an after-tax benefit of 8.8% of the qualifying R&D expenditure. 99.5% of eligible UK organisations miss the opportunity to reap the potential rewards offered by HMRC’s R&D Tax Credit scheme.
The HMRC R&D Tax Credits guidance notes are set out in a document hundreds of pages thick and updated after almost every budget. Even if you manage to weigh through this yourself, chances are you’ll miss out on maximising your claim or worse, over-claim which could result in an HMRC investigation. Why the process is best served best by experts, who submit such claims on a daily basis.
Ready to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for your R&D tax refund, please call us on the freephone number below or use this contact form and one of our helpful team will be in touch to help.
“Datafox advised us of a potential cash back payment of 33.35% from HMRC on qualifying R&D spend. They handled the claim for us from start to finish ensuring it was submitted correctly, with appropriate narrative and supporting numbers maximising its fullest potential.”Nik Hrstic COO, Brainwave Drinks
Are you getting your ‘loyalty’ reward for your technology development?read more
Read the real SME R&D Tax Credits story from Budget 2017read more
Support the Datafox Team as they take on a Charity Half Marathonread more