Food & Beverage
Datafox specialise in claiming Research and Development Tax Credits for all businesses involved within food and beverage.
Food & Drink
- Developing new production processes and techniques for the production of new food products.
- Prototyping product samples for testing new recipe formulations.
- Testing prototype samples for analytical and microbiological qualities.
- Conducting sensory tests and evaluations of prototype samples.
- Improving existing production processes to improve efficiency or reduce manpower, lead time, and waste.
- Developing new machinery and equipment for the production and testing of food products.
- Developing new packaging designs to provide enhanced functionality or increased product shelf life.
- Developing cost-effective EU Compliant recipe formulations for new food products and flavourings.
- Improving existing food or drink product formulations to achieve specified nutritional requirements, including sodium content and caloric value.
- Improving existing food product formulations to enhance sensory qualities including flavour, appearance, and texture.
- Improving existing food product formulations to extend product shelf life.
- Developing new or improved ingredients/ bases, agricultural or chemical materials using science and technology that go into the food products.
- Developing cost effective, transparent labelling using paper labelling machines, overcoming practical and aesthetic issues improving an existing process.
What is R&D Tax Credit?
Introduced by the UK Government in 2000, the R&D tax relief scheme is designed to encourage innovation and global competitiveness by allowing companies to reclaim some of the money invested in qualifying research and development. SMEs can recover up to 26% (if in profit) and 33.35% (if loss-making) of all eligible R&D expenditure. Large companies/ organisations can benefit from an after-tax benefit of 8.8% of the qualifying R&D expenditure. 99.5% of eligible UK organisations miss the opportunity to reap the potential rewards offered by HMRC’s R&D Tax Credit scheme.
The HMRC R&D Tax Credits guidance notes are set out in a document hundreds of pages thick and updated after almost every budget. Even if you manage to weigh through this yourself, chances are you’ll miss out on maximising your claim or worse, over-claim which could result in an HMRC investigation. Why the process is best served best by experts, who submit such claims on a daily basis.
Ready to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for your R&D tax refund, please call us on the freephone number below or use this contact form and one of our helpful team will be in touch to help.
“Datafox advised us of a potential cash back payment of 33.35% from HMRC on qualifying R&D spend. They handled the claim for us from start to finish ensuring it was submitted correctly, with appropriate narrative and supporting numbers maximising its fullest potential.”Nik Hrstic COO, Brainwave Drinks
Help your clients get something back for their Intellectual Property.read more
What has your business done new lately?read more
Don’t Miss Out On Your Opportunity to Claim R&D Tax Credits for your business.read more