Datafox specialise in claiming Research and Development Tax Credits for all businesses involved within the manufacturing.
- The Manufacturing sector represents the most active vertical for R&D Tax Credits claims according to the HMRC.
- Businesses in Aerospace, Food & Drink, & Textiles are some of the many manufacturing businesses we work with at Datafox.
- Manufacturing businesses are faced with obstacles at all stages of the manufacturing process, from design & prototyping, through to tested working solutions.
- Qualifying projects include work that attempts to go beyond essential troubleshooting and is focused around attempting to develop or improve new components, an existing material, product or processes.
- Work carried out by engineers or technicians that investigates potential technological advances by attempting to resolve issues of current technological uncertainty.
- Constructing technically challenging components and assembling complex systems that requires the invention or novel application of existing technologies from other industries to improve manufacturing processes or products.
- Design studies and feasibility work may also qualify for R&D Tax Credits for work related to the development of innovative technologies.
What is R&D Tax Credit?
Introduced by the UK Government in 2000, the R&D tax relief scheme is designed to encourage innovation and global competitiveness by allowing companies to reclaim some of the money invested in qualifying research and development. SMEs can recover up to 26% (if in profit) and 33.35% (if loss-making) of all eligible R&D expenditure. Large companies/ organisations can benefit from an after-tax benefit of 8.8% of the qualifying R&D expenditure. 99.5% of eligible UK organisations miss the opportunity to reap the potential rewards offered by HMRC’s R&D Tax Credit scheme.
The HMRC R&D Tax Credits guidance notes are set out in a document hundreds of pages thick and updated after almost every budget. Even if you manage to weigh through this yourself, chances are you’ll miss out on maximising your claim or worse, over-claim which could result in an HMRC investigation. Why the process is best served best by experts, who submit such claims on a daily basis.
Ready to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for your R&D tax refund, please call us on the freephone number below or use this contact form and one of our helpful team will be in touch to help.
“Datafox advised us of a potential cash back payment of 33.35% from HMRC on qualifying R&D spend. They handled the claim for us from start to finish ensuring it was submitted correctly, with appropriate narrative and supporting numbers maximising its fullest potential.”Nik Hrstic COO, Brainwave Drinks
Are you getting your ‘loyalty’ reward for your technology development?read more
Read the real SME R&D Tax Credits story from Budget 2017read more
Support the Datafox Team as they take on a Charity Half Marathonread more