Datafox specialise in claiming Research and Development Tax Credits for all businesses involved within the automotive industry.
- Within the Automotive sector examples of eligible activities vary from companies focused on reducing CO2 emissions to the racing sector, with automotive companies researching technological advancements to drive incremental gains.
- Generally, projects that involve a long start up period and may have unusually high costs or involve large scrap production indicate eligible R&D work.
- Design and development of new machine prototypes offering functionalities that are not easy to achieve.
- Tests to improve process efficiencies and reduce waste/costs.
- Research into new technologies to improve fuel efficiency and emission reduction.
- Resolution of integration complexities due to undesired interactions between various systems and multiple components (e.g. electronic components).
- Development of tuning techniques in order to achieve performance gains.
- Testing of scale models or prototypes due to substantial increase in size or speed, which creates new uncertainties in performance and operation (including testing software etc.)
- Development of new on-site inspection techniques or products.
What is R&D Tax Credit?
Introduced by the UK Government in 2000, the R&D tax relief scheme is designed to encourage innovation and global competitiveness by allowing companies to reclaim some of the money invested in qualifying research and development. SMEs can recover up to 26% (if in profit) and 33.35% (if loss-making) of all eligible R&D expenditure. Large companies/ organisations can benefit from an after-tax benefit of 9.72% of the qualifying R&D expenditure. Many UK organisations miss the opportunity to reap the potential rewards offered by HMRC’s R&D Tax Credit scheme.
The HMRC R&D Tax Credits guidance notes are set out in a document hundreds of pages thick and updated after almost every budget. Even if you manage to weigh through this yourself, chances are you’ll miss out on maximising your claim or worse, over-claim which could result in an HMRC investigation. Why the process is best served best by experts, who submit such claims on a daily basis.
Ready to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for your R&D tax refund, please call us on the freephone number below or use this contact form and one of our helpful team will be in touch to help.
SKNHEAD Case Study – Impossible Made Possible
Innovation and versatility are not easy to achieve when it comes to cosmetics, but SKNHEAD managed to attain both in their exclusive range of unique male skincare and grooming products. Developed with tireless precision by celebrity hairdresser Adee Phelan, the SKNHEAD range includes a variety of grooming essentials for men such as a shampoo, styling clay, a toner, hair pomade, a hair styling spray, a foaming cream and the most cutting-edge 4-in-1 skin moisturising and hair treatment cream designed to work on tattooed skin, face, beard and hair.
Stuff you need to know
Learn about the innovations in logistics and supply chains that are transforming the industry.read more
Find out how technology is driving research and innovation in telecommunications.read more
Learn about the changes related to R&D Tax Credits announced in the autumn budget 2021 and how they impact businesses in the UK.read more