Datafox specialise in claiming Research and Development Tax Credits for all businesses involved within the automotive industry.
- Within the Automotive sector examples of eligible activities vary from companies focused on reducing CO2 emissions to the racing sector, with automotive companies researching technological advancements to drive incremental gains.
- Generally, projects that involve a long start up period and may have unusually high costs or involve large scrap production indicate eligible R&D work.
- Design and development of new machine prototypes offering functionalities that are not easy to achieve.
- Tests to improve process efficiencies and reduce waste/costs.
- Research into new technologies to improve fuel efficiency and emission reduction.
- Resolution of integration complexities due to undesired interactions between various systems and multiple components (e.g. electronic components).
- Development of tuning techniques in order to achieve performance gains.
- Testing of scale models or prototypes due to substantial increase in size or speed, which creates new uncertainties in performance and operation (including testing software etc.)
- Development of new on-site inspection techniques or products.
What is R&D Tax Credit?
Introduced by the UK Government in 2000, the R&D tax relief scheme is designed to encourage innovation and global competitiveness by allowing companies to reclaim some of the money invested in qualifying research and development. SMEs can recover up to 26% (if in profit) and 33.35% (if loss-making) of all eligible R&D expenditure. Large companies/ organisations can benefit from an after-tax benefit of 9.72% of the qualifying R&D expenditure. Many UK organisations miss the opportunity to reap the potential rewards offered by HMRC’s R&D Tax Credit scheme.
The HMRC R&D Tax Credits guidance notes are set out in a document hundreds of pages thick and updated after almost every budget. Even if you manage to weigh through this yourself, chances are you’ll miss out on maximising your claim or worse, over-claim which could result in an HMRC investigation. Why the process is best served best by experts, who submit such claims on a daily basis.
Ready to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for your R&D tax refund, please call us on the freephone number below or use this contact form and one of our helpful team will be in touch to help.
Waste not want not!
The UpCircle Beauty story is inspiring. Derived from nature, their 100% natural skincare products are of the moment. The products consist of items that would often reach landfill like used coffee grounds and brewed chai tea spices. They provide a solution for looking good as well as helping the environment.
With UpCircle Beauty, you get to enjoy the uplifting benefits of nature’s skin rejuvenators – and do the planet some good, too.
That’s all-round better skincare.
Stuff you need to know
Learn about the story of Cosmetics brand UpCircle Beauty.read more
UpCircle Beauty benefit from the Datafox R&D Tax Credits team following an appearance on Dragons Den.read more
Learn more about the great news for R&D in the recent budget.read more