Datafox specialise in claiming Research and Development Tax Credits for all businesses involved within the construction industry.
- Broad range of common construction industry practices contributing to the continuous evolution of technologies qualify for the HMRC’s definition of R&D and are eligible for Tax Credits.
- Construction industry engineers, designers, technologists, and machinists spend a significant portion of their time developing innovative superior designs and manufacturing practices in an effort to remain competitive. This continuous evolution of technologies provides ample opportunities for companies to take advantage of these tax incentive programs.
- Contractors that provide design-build services using new and innovative construction techniques and enlist engineers and/or architects to provide construction services are likely able to qualify. Innovative R&D work is found across all construction phases from conceptual design, schematic design, design development, construction documents, construction, commissioning/testing.
- Foundation engineering to mitigate the effect of unstable soil or sand.
- Innovative architectural design.
- The use of new or improved materials/ tools such as recycled products.
- Designing/ improving green/ efficient initiatives and solutions.
- Designing electrical system design.
- Research focused on improving performance, reliability, quality, safety and/or life cycle costs.
- Preparing structure and facility design for construction.
- Developing and improving construction equipment development.
What is R&D Tax Credit?
Introduced by the UK Government in 2000, the R&D tax relief scheme is designed to encourage innovation and global competitiveness by allowing companies to reclaim some of the money invested in qualifying research and development. SMEs can recover up to 26% (if in profit) and 33.35% (if loss-making) of all eligible R&D expenditure. Large companies/ organisations can benefit from an after-tax benefit of 9.72% of the qualifying R&D expenditure. Many UK organisations miss the opportunity to reap the potential rewards offered by HMRC’s R&D Tax Credit scheme.
The HMRC R&D Tax Credits guidance notes are set out in a document hundreds of pages thick and updated after almost every budget. Even if you manage to weigh through this yourself, chances are you’ll miss out on maximising your claim or worse, over-claim which could result in an HMRC investigation. Why the process is best served best by experts, who submit such claims on a daily basis.
Ready to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for your R&D tax refund, please call us on the freephone number below or use this contact form and one of our helpful team will be in touch to help.
Waste not want not!
The UpCircle Beauty story is inspiring. Derived from nature, their 100% natural skincare products are of the moment. The products consist of items that would often reach landfill like used coffee grounds and brewed chai tea spices. They provide a solution for looking good as well as helping the environment.
With UpCircle Beauty, you get to enjoy the uplifting benefits of nature’s skin rejuvenators – and do the planet some good, too.
That’s all-round better skincare.
Stuff you need to know
Learn about the story of Cosmetics brand UpCircle Beauty.read more
UpCircle Beauty benefit from the Datafox R&D Tax Credits team following an appearance on Dragons Den.read more
Learn more about the great news for R&D in the recent budget.read more