Design and Engineering
Datafox specialise in claiming Research and Development Tax Credits for all businesses involved within design and engineering.
- Like with the Construction industry, a large amount of Engineering work is scientific and requires extensive R&D activities – many of which companies and organisations are not aware they can claim tax relief on.
- Investigating alternate/ innovative materials with which to construct a structure or parts of a structure.
- Determining alternate/ innovative means of assembling and/or fastening component parts of a structure.
- Performing environmental impact studies.
- Incurring integration costs related to designing multiple co-dependent features, where the technical uncertainty may only be eliminated by designing the related components.
- Conducting sustainable design.
- Experimenting with new materials and technologies.
- Practicing design testing.
- Conducing special use design.
- Determining alternative structural design.
- Research into integrated waste disposal processes.
- High-tech equipment installation.
- Building information modelling (BIM).
- Performing CAD modelling.
- Drainage/storm water management/ environment design & testing.
- Structural engineering to withstand earthquakes, hurricanes, fire and other disasters.
- Improving acoustic qualities of structure.
- Developing alternative water flow / plumbing systems.
- Developing alternative electricity conduction systems.
- Developing or improving lighting within a structure.
- Improving or developing alternative ventilation for a structure.
- Improving or determining alternative heating and cooling systems.
What is R&D Tax Credit?
Introduced by the UK Government in 2000, the R&D tax relief scheme is designed to encourage innovation and global competitiveness by allowing companies to reclaim some of the money invested in qualifying research and development. SMEs can recover up to 26% (if in profit) and 33.35% (if loss-making) of all eligible R&D expenditure. Large companies/ organisations can benefit from an after-tax benefit of 9.72% of the qualifying R&D expenditure. Many UK organisations miss the opportunity to reap the potential rewards offered by HMRC’s R&D Tax Credit scheme.
The HMRC R&D Tax Credits guidance notes are set out in a document hundreds of pages thick and updated after almost every budget. Even if you manage to weigh through this yourself, chances are you’ll miss out on maximising your claim or worse, over-claim which could result in an HMRC investigation. Why the process is best served best by experts, who submit such claims on a daily basis.
Ready to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for your R&D tax refund, please call us on the freephone number below or use this contact form and one of our helpful team will be in touch to help.
Waste not want not!
The UpCircle Beauty story is inspiring. Derived from nature, their 100% natural skincare products are of the moment. The products consist of items that would often reach landfill like used coffee grounds and brewed chai tea spices. They provide a solution for looking good as well as helping the environment.
With UpCircle Beauty, you get to enjoy the uplifting benefits of nature’s skin rejuvenators – and do the planet some good, too.
That’s all-round better skincare.
Stuff you need to know
Learn about the story of Cosmetics brand UpCircle Beauty.read more
UpCircle Beauty benefit from the Datafox R&D Tax Credits team following an appearance on Dragons Den.read more
Learn more about the great news for R&D in the recent budget.read more