Datafox specialise in claiming Research and Development Tax Credits for all businesses involved within the manufacturing.
- The Manufacturing sector represents the most active vertical for R&D Tax Credits claims according to the HMRC.
- Businesses in Aerospace, Food & Drink, & Textiles are some of the many manufacturing businesses we work with at Datafox.
- Manufacturing businesses are faced with obstacles at all stages of the manufacturing process, from design & prototyping, through to tested working solutions.
- Qualifying projects include work that attempts to go beyond essential troubleshooting and is focused around attempting to develop or improve new components, an existing material, product or processes.
- Work carried out by engineers or technicians that investigates potential technological advances by attempting to resolve issues of current technological uncertainty.
- Constructing technically challenging components and assembling complex systems that requires the invention or novel application of existing technologies from other industries to improve manufacturing processes or products.
- Design studies and feasibility work may also qualify for R&D Tax Credits for work related to the development of innovative technologies.
What is R&D Tax Credit?
Introduced by the UK Government in 2000, the R&D tax relief scheme is designed to encourage innovation and global competitiveness by allowing companies to reclaim some of the money invested in qualifying research and development. SMEs can recover up to 26% (if in profit) and 33.35% (if loss-making) of all eligible R&D expenditure. Large companies/ organisations can benefit from an after-tax benefit of 9.72% of the qualifying R&D expenditure. Many UK organisations miss the opportunity to reap the potential rewards offered by HMRC’s R&D Tax Credit scheme.
The HMRC R&D Tax Credits guidance notes are set out in a document hundreds of pages thick and updated after almost every budget. Even if you manage to weigh through this yourself, chances are you’ll miss out on maximising your claim or worse, over-claim which could result in an HMRC investigation. Why the process is best served best by experts, who submit such claims on a daily basis.
Ready to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for your R&D tax refund, please call us on the freephone number below or use this contact form and one of our helpful team will be in touch to help.
Architecture Case Study - Innovation Meets Creativity
Architecture is one of the most complex and challenging fields that require the use of advanced methodologies in order to achieve the desired results. Our company was created with the aim to develop creative and innovative solutions that can solve complex technical architectural issues. Over the years, we have achieved a high level of expertise in working in historically sensitive, technically complex, or constrained contexts, which has led us to develop new and modern processes, technology and methodologies around traditional architectural processes and methods.
Stuff you need to know
Learn more about how DataFox helped an established architecture firm make a successful R and D tax credit claim for their complex architectural R and D.read more
Find out how DataFox helped an upcoming pet food brand make a successful R&D tax credit claim for developing an innovative range of pet food products.read more
DataFox team helps SKNHEAD achieve additional funding for their innovative hair and skincare products through a successful R & D tax credit claim. Learn more.read more