Datafox specialise in claiming Research and Development Tax Credits for all businesses involved within the manufacturing.
- The Manufacturing sector represents the most active vertical for R&D Tax Credits claims according to the HMRC.
- Businesses in Aerospace, Food & Drink, & Textiles are some of the many manufacturing businesses we work with at Datafox.
- Manufacturing businesses are faced with obstacles at all stages of the manufacturing process, from design & prototyping, through to tested working solutions.
- Qualifying projects include work that attempts to go beyond essential troubleshooting and is focused around attempting to develop or improve new components, an existing material, product or processes.
- Work carried out by engineers or technicians that investigates potential technological advances by attempting to resolve issues of current technological uncertainty.
- Constructing technically challenging components and assembling complex systems that requires the invention or novel application of existing technologies from other industries to improve manufacturing processes or products.
- Design studies and feasibility work may also qualify for R&D Tax Credits for work related to the development of innovative technologies.
What is R&D Tax Credit?
Introduced by the UK Government in 2000, the R&D tax relief scheme is designed to encourage innovation and global competitiveness by allowing companies to reclaim some of the money invested in qualifying research and development. SMEs can recover up to 26% (if in profit) and 33.35% (if loss-making) of all eligible R&D expenditure. Large companies/ organisations can benefit from an after-tax benefit of 9.72% of the qualifying R&D expenditure. Many UK organisations miss the opportunity to reap the potential rewards offered by HMRC’s R&D Tax Credit scheme.
The HMRC R&D Tax Credits guidance notes are set out in a document hundreds of pages thick and updated after almost every budget. Even if you manage to weigh through this yourself, chances are you’ll miss out on maximising your claim or worse, over-claim which could result in an HMRC investigation. Why the process is best served best by experts, who submit such claims on a daily basis.
Ready to apply?
If you’re ready to apply for your R&D tax refund, please call us on the freephone number below or use this contact form and one of our helpful team will be in touch to help.
SKNHEAD Case Study – Impossible Made Possible
Innovation and versatility are not easy to achieve when it comes to cosmetics, but SKNHEAD managed to attain both in their exclusive range of unique male skincare and grooming products. Developed with tireless precision by celebrity hairdresser Adee Phelan, the SKNHEAD range includes a variety of grooming essentials for men such as a shampoo, styling clay, a toner, hair pomade, a hair styling spray, a foaming cream and the most cutting-edge 4-in-1 skin moisturising and hair treatment cream designed to work on tattooed skin, face, beard and hair.
Stuff you need to know
The manufacturing industry is one of the most economically important and lucrative sectors in the UK. In fact, the UK is currently the ninth-largest manufacturing country in the world. The total value of UK manufacturers’ product sales was estimated to be £396.6bn in...read more
The software industry is constantly changing and updating. Especially in recent times, software development has undergone a major transformation thanks to an increase in demand for innovative programs that can help individuals, companies, and institutions to meet...read more
Read about how farmers and agriculture businesses can benefit from R&D Tax Credits.read more